News & Updates
- The collection for Pregnancy Matters runs until November 30. You can make a cash contribution or donate baby items such as diapers, baby wash, shampoo, wipes, clothing sizes newborn to 24 months, etc. Items can be placed at any of the three church entrances; monetary donations should be put in the box near the altar. This is a great way to put the "giving" in our Thanksgiving!
- Adopt a Seminarian
As young men answer the call to the priesthood, we are called to support them. There are currently six seminarians our diocese and we have the opportunity to support them in two ways . . .
Option 1: Monetary gift in the form of cash, a gift card, or check (made payable to St. Joseph Church). Please place in the gift box near the altar. Contributions will be divided among the six seminarians.
Option 2: Adopt a seminarian for a year. This year-round support could include sending your seminarian greeting cards, a box of cookies, a gift card, etc. Contact information for each seminarian is available at the church.
- Pray the Rosary: Let us pray the Rosary for our country and our church. Need proof of its power? click here
- Letter from Bishop Michael McGovern
- A new kiosk has been placed in the west entrance of the church. The kiosk contains engaging materials to enrich your faith. The kiosk is provided free of charge by our local Knights of Columbus councils.
- Pray the Mass like never before. This video explains what the Mass is really all about.
- U.S. Bishops Statement on the Death of George Floyd
Podcasts and Videos
Does your faith seem a bit "stale"? Are you indifferent towards the Church?
Here are some resources that can help you grow in knowledge and faith.
- Fr. Mike Schmitz -- videos and podcasts on lots of timely topics; especially good for young adults
- Science & Faith: Jesus Present in the Eucharist
- Miracle in Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1996
- Miracle of Lanciano Italy
- Why Am I Catholic? the Eucharist
- All Things Catholic
- The Tightrope: Reflections for Busy Catholics
- The Veil Removed -- beautiful 7-minute video that depicts what is happening during the Mass
Into the Breach is a call to battle for Catholic men of all ages, which urges them to embrace wholeheartedly masculine virtues in a world in crisis. This video series seeks to answer what it means to be a Catholic man in today’s world. The series is inspired by the Apostolic Exhortation for Catholic Men written by Bishop Olmsted of Phoenix and produced by the Knights of Columbus.
Food Pantry Needs Help Filling Shelves
The Benton West City Ministerial Alliance Food Pantry needs our help all year long to keep the shelves stocked with food. All donations of non-perishable food items or monetary donations are greatly appreciated. Donations can be brought to the church or taken directly to the Pantry on South Main Street.
Be sure to register for our calling system to stay up to date on the latest parish news. This system will notify you with updates on events, changes in Mass schedules, funeral announcements, and any other important information. Simply call the parish office to get your phone number added to One Call Now.